Get RCS Chat in Google Messages on Supported Android Phones
1. Launch “Google Messages” (free) on your Android phone.
2. Now, tap the three dots in the upper-right corner and choose Settings.
3. Next, tap on General and then Chat Features.
4. Now, the app will automatically verify your number for RCS and enable it once approved. In dual SIM devices, you might be asked to enter your number.
Get the Requirements Upfront
- Be sure to get the beta version of the Google Messages app (direct link).
- Make sure you have the Activity Launcher app installed on your device. If you don’t have one, download it right now from the Google Play Store.
- If the Messages app is running in the background, make sure to force quit it.
- Head over to system settings on your phone and then locate the carrier services. After that clear the storage data.
- Be sure to turn off Wi-Fi as well.
1. Open Activity Launcher on your Android device.
2. Now, tap on Recent Activities and select All Activities.
3. Next, scroll down to the list to find “Android Messages” and tap on it. And then, choose Set RCS Flags.