Xiaomi Redmi K20 getting the stable MIUI 11 Global update, MIUI 11 brings an overhauled UI and plenty of changes under the hood, but it’s still based on Android 9. The OTA update is 766MB big and also carries the September 2019 security patch.
The full changelog follows.
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- The always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app.
- Receive timely notifications and mark things done
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification Shade
- New: more clock formats for Always-on display
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off-screen
- Optimization: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen
- Fix: Fingerprint icon wasn’t always displayed on the Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint icon didn’t always disappear after unlocking
- New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
- Optimization: All-new design and UI
Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now